Decade after decade, there’s still a piece we all seem to love: a caftan. But if you think it’s just a garment to wear to the pool, think again! We’d venture to say that wearing a caftan as more than a poolside piece is best.
· Cinched waists: If a flowing caftan feels overwhelming, look for a style that features a drawstring waist or tie a chic belt to create an hourglass shape.
· It’s all about the fabric: Ornate and colorful caftans are perfect for a night out. The garment is so universal you can either wear them to the pool or chic night out – just look for styles that feature a bit of bling if you want to a glamourous option.
· Go for solid colors: True, some caftans feature very illustrious prints and designs. If that’s too much for you, opt for a caftan in a solid or muted print. Want a hint of print? Look for a style that has embellished necklines or sleeves.
· Details are important: When you want your caftan to look like more than a swimsuit coverup, the details are where it’s at. From gorgeous embroidery to sun-catching beadwork and sequins, caftans with embellishments are ideal for evening events!
· Wear with a variety of shoes: While you might opt for sandals or flip flops with your poolside caftan, you can wear so many different styles with the piece for a night out: flats, heels, and strappy wedges all work great.